Friday, April 29, 2005

Motivation

Remember what Fred Carter said. Play with confidence. Live with confidence. Reading clips on other writers and artists, and placing their accomplishments out of your reach will prevent you from doing the work you can do. John Wooden said it too. Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. To thy own self be true. Come in and play your game, if you are an athlete. As an artist, specifically a writer, it means that I no longer should focus on the accomplishments of others who have come before me and found success. I should also not worry about finding my voice or my style. The only voice I can use is the one I have. No one ever learned how to speak by remaining silent; the same is true of become a writer. To write one must write. To play one must play. Paint to paint, sing to sing, sculpt to sculpt.

If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got.

© 2005 by justin michael cresswell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home